Radiator plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Eagle71

Reaction score
Hello all. This weekend I'm installing a wall mounted runtal radiator with the supply/return lines coming through the wall. The current configuration has the pipes through the floor. Everything is copper so repiping this isn't a problem. The pipes will run up inside the wall to drop ear elbows (copper x fip). My question is, since the drop ears will be screwed tight to framing, will this be too rigid for a radiator installation? Should radiator pipes have some play for movement? Thanks

Eagle71

Reaction score
Hello all. I had to put off install till Friday. Gave me time to think about thread sealant. I was going to use pink Teflon tape like I have in the past (never a leak) but was going to maybe use rectorseal 5. I've heard really good things about it. Since the joint will be inside the wall I want to have the best seal possible. Like I said, I never had any issue with pink Teflon but if rectorseal is more dependable I'll use that. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks