Radiant System GPM

Users who are viewing this thread

casey b

Reaction score
i have a new construction house... 3000 sq ft slab on grade including garage... It has two 7 loop (300 foot 1/2" each loop) manifolds with an 007 taco for each manifold. I am only getting 1 gallon per minute flow in each manifold... Do in need pumps that can handle more head such as taco 0015 three speed... Would this pump possible get my flow to 3gpm on each manifold?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Impossible to say from here. What's the delta T look like? A 007 will "flow" plenty but most times problems have to do with piping, air in the system or control issues. 300' loops is way past the recommendation of not longer than 150' loops. Add improper loop installation (and it's buried so you can't tell) and you may very well be at the point where the friction drop is beyond the ability of any circulator to pull water through.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is impossible to say, because the low flow could be a function of the size of the loops and the tubing used. If that is the case, trying to increase the flow will just increase the friction loss without any appreciable increase in flow.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Eggzactamundo. 300' loops with 1/2" pex spells disaster but I was trying to let him down easy. Any idea how many abandoned radiant systems I have seen in the past decade? Lol

casey b

Reaction score
Eggzactamundo. 300' loops with 1/2" pex spells disaster but I was trying to let him down easy. Any idea how many abandoned radiant systems I have seen in the past decade? Lol
Looks like all I needed was a taco 11 before my tankless water heater.... Just needed a pump to deal with the head that the heater created... Delta T is 15 and house is nice and toasty.... Thanks for all the help and optimism

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks