Radiant heating under cork floor

Users who are viewing this thread

electrotuko

Reaction score
Just curious if it makes sense to install electrical wire based under floor heating for cork floating floor.
I was going to install the SunTouch WarmWire electrical heating system for my bathroom.
Originally was planning to use ceramic tiles but after I seen how warm (at least the feeling comparing to tiles) is the cork floor I changed the design idea and going to install the cork floating floor. But still wondering if it makes sense to install the floor heating system. Since cork floor is naturally warm and has good thermal isolation properties, I thought that the heated floor will not be so effective, especially the keeping in mind that the preheating time will be much longer, will require run system longer (starting in the morning earlier), resulting in larger electrical bill.
I would appreciate for any thoughts on this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks