radiant heat in the walls?

Users who are viewing this thread

rrekih

Reaction score
I have a low ceiling in the basement.
I was planing on using hydronic radiant heat panels for the basement.
The main floor is radiant underfloor heat.
Instead of using heat panels can I run the pipe up and down the walls and have the whole wall as the heat source?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Radiant walls work, and work well, using the same techniques & materials used for radiant ceilings. Be sure to insulate between the radiant tubing/plates and the foundation/exterior wall. Put the (Canadian code-required) vapor retarder on the warm (interior) side of the insulation.

rrekih

Reaction score
I have been thinking of using inside walls????

Or I have an unique situation, I have built a wall in front of the existing foundation and stud wall.

patsfan78

Web Development | HVAC
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechheat.com
Radiant can be done in the walls. It works. But remember people hang pictures, put holes in, run wiring, and abuse walls a lot more than a floor. So the radiant tubing in a wall has more opportunities for damage than it would in a floor. A future potential buyer of the home may not care for it. (A radiator is, obviously, a much more visible object.) Not saying and can't or shouldn't be done, just food for thought.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks