Quinine for muscle cramping

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Cookie, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Cookie

Cookie .

I didn't know this so I wondered if others didn't, too. I was at my check up with the doctor today and I was asking him to switch inhalers for me, ( I got asthma) and, this particular one cause leg cramps so badly, I jump up out of bed. Well, he said, he wouldn't change the inhaler, lol, but, he told me to drink a cup of tonic water with quinine before bedtime, it said it would work. So, I stopped at bought 4 bottles for 3 bucks, cheap enough if it works. Thought I would pass it along incase anyone else is suffering with those things.

I tried the bananas and drinking regular water, and even he said, it wouldn't work. They didn't.
  2. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

If bananas did not work then I don't see it as a micro nutrition problem.

Sounds like you need more stretching exercises.

A treadmill should help.

Let us know how the tonic water works. I assume a shot of whiskey is put in it.

Best Wishes.

Dr. Don.
  3. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Try a bar of soap under the sheets. Worked for me.

John
  4. Cookie

Cookie .

I got in the house, sat down, and got a muscle spasm, lol, and then, remember the tonic water with quinine out in the car, so, I hobbled out to get them. I came in and yuk, this stuff is bitter! I got the diet kind, zero calories, a friend, Cass, some know from here, said, " buy the one with the calories it is going to be bitter" but, noooo, I had to not listen. So, I got 4 bottles of very bitter stuff. But, it works I will be glad.

Now, I got to ask, John are you serious about the soap? I got soap, and, I am a desparate woman with these charlie horses, they are horrible! Not as bad as shingles, but, still..
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  5. Cookie

Cookie .

John, you got to try the tonic water with quinine if you get those muscle spasms. This works... I didn't get one at all. This doctor is always spot on, only wrong once in the 15 years I have been going to him.

http://getquinine.com/quinine/drinking-tonic-water-with-quinine-for-cramps-could-provide-relief/

How little I know of these things, John, I found this about your soap under the sheets, I can't believe this, but, I will tell you what, I will try it tonite! Lots of folks is saying this works...

I will not drink the tonic water tonite, and this time try the soap. Thank you.

http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/legcramp.asp

I have been reading about the quinine, if you got heart problems it is saying to be careful using it. I think, the tonic water with quinine must have a minute amount in it, for, my oncologist knows of my heart problem and, he still told me to drink a cup of it. I will check with my cardiologist in April at my next apt, but, honestly, it was nice to not to have those charlie horses!
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  6. johnjh2o1

I tried the tonic water but it didn't work for me. But I have a to hear a little story about the soap that I will share with you. May wife was the first to suggest the soap. But me being the skeptic that I am just shrugged it off. After some time passed she asked if I was having any more cramps. At that point I realized I wasn't. With a big smile she said look under your sheets. You guessed it, she had put the soap under their two weeks ago. I have to say it hasn't stopped them completely but I get them far less and not as severe. I have been with this woman for 51 years and she is a keeper.

John
  7. Cookie

Cookie .

That is great John! I love the story... :) she is tricky. There's alot of people from what I read who swears to God it works. I am game. Thank you for sharing.
  8. Cookie

Cookie .

Tell your wife John, I my got bar of soap in place. lol.
  9. johnjh2o1

It's morning here, how did it go last night with your bar of soap? Hopefully you didn't get any cramps. Forgot to mention that when ever we make a trip with a overnight stay I pack my bar of soap.

:cool: John
  10. Cookie

Cookie .

That is funny, lol. Question. Does that bar ever wear out? :)

I did the bar of soap, and I had one cramp. But, just one, and didn't drink the water. I was getting John, 4 to 5 a night.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  11. jeanrose770

jeanrose770 New Member

Turmeric and Maca Root. Mix both with water and drink daily. Cramps should go away after routine drinking!
  12. faith virtue

faith virtue New Member

13. faith virtue

faith virtue New Member

Tonic water worked well for my father's cramps after his stroke.
  14. jeanrose770

jeanrose770 New Member

Maca is a great supplement that you can add to your diet that significantly helps with the muscles cramps, pains, and spasms!