Quick well chlorination question....

Users who are viewing this thread

dmoe

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to shock my well. I have hot and cold in my garage, about the same distance to the well as the nearest outdoor spigot. Would it be beneficial to run a hose from the hot in the garage instead of the outdoor cold? My logic is that it would then require less run time on the hots inside to get the chlorinated water through the system, since the WH (75 gallon) would already be chlorinated when I start inside.

Would this cause any potential disasters?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are saying. Are you looking for where to get water for recirculation? I think using the outside spigot has less chance of depositing sediment in the pipes. Running thru the hot water heater would seem to have the problem of sediment into the WH.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....izing-extra-attention-to-4-inch-casing.65845/ is my well and plumbing sanitizing write-up. I expect that you were planning something less rigorous, which is fine.

dmoe

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are saying. Are you looking for where to get water for recirculation? I think using the outside spigot has less chance of depositing sediment in the pipes. Running thru the hot water heater would seem to have the problem of sediment into the WH.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....izing-extra-attention-to-4-inch-casing.65845/ is my well and plumbing sanitizing write-up. I expect that you were planning something less rigorous, which is fine.
That's what I was wondering. I was thinking it'd be easier for recirculating but I didn't think about the sediment....which makes a lot of sense. I just went ahead and used an outdoor spigot since I hadn't gotten an answer.

I did perform a less rigorous version, but will definitely use your write-up in the future, I'm sure.

I haven't done much in terms of maintenance since we bought our house so I may be around with questions on some other things.

Thanks for all you do!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks