Quick Help! What tool to operate this shutoff valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

karma2000

Reaction score
We do have the regular shutoff valves in the kitchen, but the ones in washroom were not their..then we looked carefully and saw couple of these round metal plates, the name on the plates:"DAHL ACCESS PLATES"Behind the plates are the two copper pipes (the picture link below), seem to be cut flush with the cabinet back wall. We are sure these go to the faucet as one is hot to touch and other cold.As it has this screw type thing in center, I assume there is a removable latch or some tool to shut these off.Searched everywhere online, but can't seem to locate a tool or whats it called to operate these. Don't want to use a screwdriver or anything and break the valves. Anything available on home-depot or have to go to a special store?http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9550/shutoffvalve.jpg_http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9550/shutoffvalve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sorry, your link is broken...you can upload the pic directly into the message if you scroll down on the compose page to 'manage attachments'.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Sorry, the picture is too dark to give any definition of what the shaft looks like. I cannot imagine any "shutoff" valve which would need plates as large as those to cover them.

JerryR

Reaction score
Through the magic of software I enlarged and illuminated the original poster's picture.

Jerry

Attachments

• shutoffvalve.jpg
    shutoffvalve.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 204

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If, in fact, they are made by Dahl, that company is in Canada. You might check their website or call them. They're not something I've seen, but then I'm not a pro, either.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks