Questions re: Toto Drake, please.......

Users who are viewing this thread

donnaT413

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting ready to buy my first Toto, the Drake, I think. These are my questions:

1)What is the difference with the one that says "bolt down lid"?
2) what does it mean when it says "insulated" and do I need this?
3) what is the purpose of sana-gloss?

Thanks for any info, trying to buy on line but these options have thrown me!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The bolt down lid is useful in commercial situation where you don't want people playing with the internals...not normally a problem in a home. If your incoming water is particularly cold, and you don't run an a/c during the hot humid summers, insulating the tank slows down the likelyhood of getting condensation on the outside of the tank like on a glass of ice water. CEFIONTECT is a special glaze...it makes the surface smoother which means it is harder for things to stick. It also has some anti-microbial properties. Many of the internationally owned companies have similar features optionally available.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks