Questions on Caroma Caravelle 270 ADA toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Nick 1942

Reaction score
We are looking at ordering one of these toilets to replace an older Kohler 6 litre flush toilet. I would like to know if this unit has a lined tank and if not, could there be a problem with the tank sweating in the summer. We live in Winnipeg but spend most of the summer at the cottage which means the central A/C will not be on in the house.

Also, what is the preferred brand of caulk to use on this toilet?

We would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most new toilets only use some of the water in the tank.
Since some water is left in, it shouldn't get very cold.

The 270 bowl is pinned at the back with two screws.
I normally caulk with PolySeamSeal around the base, except at the back.

sydney_side.jpg

Last edited:

danbal21

Reaction score
Caravelle 270

Terry,

You seem to know alot about these toilets, can you answer some questions for me?
Caravelle 270
Easy Height Elongated

Does the water supply line/valve have to be in a special place, I am doing a reno of 1956 NJ split level and don't want to change the location of the supply lines

Does a normal flange work for this toilet, i ask because i see the screws in the back on the bowl in your picture above.

Lastly do you recommend this toilet for dual flush, can you recommend any others in the $200's?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The water can be anywhere that doesn't hit the bowl. That means that most of the time, your're fine.

It sets on a normal flange with a swivel adapter. It can be roughed at 10" to 12" from the wall.

It works well, $200's?
That would be a very good price.

I prefer the Toto Aquia, but it's in the $300's
Though many Watersense single flush toilets are good too for saving water.

For a skirted bowl, I like the Toto Vespin II, it comes with CEFIONTECT, double cyclone rinse and it's Watersense.
The non-skirted bowl is the Drake II

The Caravelle will splash the seat. Don't flush sitting down. It loses points for that. If your wife likes to sit and flush, she will notice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks