questions about installing vessel sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dooo42, Sep 25, 2010.

1. dooo42

dooo42 New Member

I'm putting in a solid white vessel sink that has a flat bottom and i have a few questions.

1. do i put silicone on the bottom of the vessel sink and then attach it to the vanity to keep it stable?
    2. Do i put silicone around the edges the vessel sink to keep water from getting underneath?

thanks
    mark
  2. tilelayher

tilelayher New Member

I prefer phenoseal you can get it white to match the sink. Put some under it set it and connect your drain check to make sure the sinks where you want it and then put a beat around the outside of your sink