Questions about installing a Kinetico K-60

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by aceswidlab1, Dec 1, 2013.

1. aceswidlab1

aceswidlab1 New Member

I purchased this used a few months ago and just now have had time to try and install the unit. When i place the two tanks next to each other the two pipes that connect the two tanks seems to short. One of the two orings on each pipe is showing on one side. Is this normal? I would think that they should slide in further. Also my water was tested and I have a hardness of 25 I could not find online what disk number I should be using. There currently is a disk 4 in the unit.
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

All the orings should be inside the connection. If you can not push the tank close enough to get them inside the connection, you may have the wrong size tank connectors. The model 30 has a shorter tank connectors than the model 60. I have a manual for the Kinetico. Send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013