Question regarding Toto Soiree pedestal sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by lk1965, May 29, 2013.

1. lk1965

lk1965 New Member

Hello,

New member here, first time post. Hoping that somebody here might be able to help. We are about to start a bathroom remodeling project. We are interested in the Toto Soiree collection and would like to use both the Soiree toilet and corresponding pedestal sink for our new bathroom. We also are hoping to use oil-rubbed bronze fixtures throughout. We stopped by a local Toto showroom and had an opportunity to see the Soiree sink/toilet in person. It looks spectacular, but I noticed that there is a "decorative" cover plate on the rear overflow. I've been informed that this cover is NOT available in an oil-rubbed bronze finish. I would like to know what material this decorative cover plate is constructed of (is it plastic? metal?), and if it can be refinished in oil-rubbed bronze to match our fixtures? Thanks in advance!!!

Linda

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The parts list shows it to be a replacement part (THU205#CP). It says it is chrome plated, and if real chrome, implies metal. My guess is that you could leave it out entirely. You may be able to take it to a metal shop and have it plated to your desires, but I do not know the costs, nor if it would really work out and match.
  3. lk1965

lk1965 New Member

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, we thought about leaving it off, but the hole is rather large and unsightly with the cover off. If it were a normal sized overflow hole, it wouldn't be an issue...but it seems that on this particular sink, the overflow hole is larger and is meant to be covered with this decorative piece. I would really like to try and get it plated to match the Kohler oil-rubbed bronze fixtures that we plan on using. But if that isn't possible, or feasible...then I suppose switching our finish choice to brushed nickel would be a last-ditch option.