Question on Zurn PEX

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dlink, Feb 23, 2009.

1. dlink

dlink New Member

I have purchased Zurn PEX from home depot. I have been reading alot of topics on this forum regarding the Class Action Suite against Zurn.

I have not purchased any fittings as of yet, and was wouudering if the Zurn PEX itself is ok to use? And alos what fittings should I use.

thanks
  2. BimmerRacer

BimmerRacer New Member

I heard that its best to stick with the same line/fitting manufacturer. I am still deciding between pex and cpvc for my remodel, but if I go with pex, it will be Uponor.
  3. dlink

dlink New Member

I bought the zurn pex from HD should I return it and get nibco pex
  4. 99k

99k Radon Contractor and Water Treatment

In the research that I have done, it is the fittings that are the real concern. You want as little zinc as possible ... bronze and not brass. Speaking with Viega, they didn't have a problem with their fittings mated to uponor or other manufacturers.