Question on how I've looped the PEX lines

Users who are viewing this thread

ChasB

Reaction score
I've got my rough-in inspection for a bathroom on Tuesday. I'm wondering about how I've done the supply lines. I used rigid 3/4 pex to bring the water to the bathroom, then switched to 1/2 pex and did the loops you can see under the floor up to the sink and toilet. I read that loops or something similar should be used due to pex expansion but I'm wondering if what I have done here is overkill or unnecessary. I used 1/2 inch rigid pex up to the shower valve so no loops for those.

http://imgur.com/ijhC6gx

http://imgur.com/thxVcDH

Reach4

Reaction score
I would wonder if you would get dinged for not having enough supports.

ChasB

Reaction score
I would wonder if you would get dinged for not having enough supports.

Hard to see in the pic but I did clamp the loops to the boards on the wall. Might be more than 32 inches from those to the 90 degree bends, so I will check that, if that's what you're referring to. Actually I'm sure it's more than 32 for the sink lines. I can address that if I leave the loops.

Reach4

Reaction score
Might be more than 32 inches from those to the 90 degree bends, so I will check that, if that's what you're referring to.
I was looking at the loops, plus the lines up to the shower stood out to me.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
years ago a customer installed his own heating system using "loops" like those. When we redid the system we had a whole lot of extra copper tubing in our scrap bin. There is absolutely NO REASON for the loops. The inspector might laugh at the installation, but will probably pass it.

ChasB

Reaction score
years ago a customer installed his own heating system using "loops" like those. When we redid the system we had a whole lot of extra copper tubing in our scrap bin. There is absolutely NO REASON for the loops. The inspector might laugh at the installation, but will probably pass it.

We'll see I guess. He's coming over within the next couple hours so too late to mess with it now! ;-)
Thanks for the post. Maybe I'll ask him if I can remove them.

ChasB

Reaction score
He said the loops were not necessary, but he failed me for how I did the horizontal wet vent for the toilet, so I've got work to do. Hopefully be ready for another shot next week. Thanks all for the comments.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks