Question on crimping tools

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by neilincary, Dec 14, 2008.

1. neilincary

neilincary New Member

Hi,

I need to make a connection between polybutylene pipe and pex pipe. I have found a pex to poly converter to do this. What I am unsure about is the crimping tool. Do I need two crimping tools (one for the poly connection and one for the pex connection) or can a pex crimping tool also be used on poly pipe? Alternatively, is there some kind of universal crimping tool that can handle both types of pipe? Any recommendation of specific crimping tools that people have used successfully would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Neil
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tool

You should have also gotten a special crimp ring for the PB so it can be used with the regular crimping tool.
  3. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

It seems silly to invest in any crimping tool for just one connection. A Qest compression coupler will do the trick.

Attached Files:

4. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Sharkbite it.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I agree!:D