Question about venting

Users who are viewing this thread

pittmanb8

Reaction score
I am remodeling my bathroom to replace a garden tub with a walk in shower. During demolition, I found that the tub did not tie into the vent stack right next to it (my fault for assuming they were tied together). Based on my previous renovation projects and looking at the roof penetrations, I believe I have created an asbuilt for my drain system.

Is the 2" drain line from the garden tub vented properly? And will it be acceptable to use as a drain for my shower being built in the same location. I have already verified the drain line is 2" and will upgrade the p-trap to 2" as well.

Attachments

• Venting.pdf
    44.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Venting.jpg
    Venting.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 123

pittmanb8

Reaction score
Before I start tearing up more concrete to verify how it was built, it may be possible that the 2" tub drain line ties into the main line right after the vent stack. If so, would the tub be vented properly in this scenario?

Attachments

• Venting2.jpeg
    Venting2.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 141
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks