Question about shower drains..

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ozboy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. ozboy

ozboy New Member

Hi folks.. i'm from australia.

I have a question and this might some wierd ..

Its currently winter here and for the past 3 weeks, i've woken up with a runny nose.
    Anyway, I wake up really early in the morning during weekdays and i've gotten into habit of just throwing used tissue on the shower floor because i'm too lazy to put it on the bin. I;ve been doing this everyday now for maybe the past month..

So my question is.. could the tissue get stuck somewhere down the tube?

I usually put maybe 15 square pieces of toilet tissue down there. I throw the tissue on the floor...they are broken down into pieces by the water.. then they go down the drain.

So far.. there is no sign of blockage(the water goes down the drain without delay) but i'm worried the the tissue could be building up somewhere down the tube.

thankyou all..
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

follow Nancy Reagan's advice

Just don't do it!
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Toilets, showers, all drain to the same place. If it gets by the grate, it likley just gets flushed all the way out. Might not be the best choice...the bin is better. A typical shower probably puts enough water down the pipe to move that far enough along so it isn't a problem. A toilet dumps a smaller amount, but does it faster. Maybe stand over the drain and raise the water level a little then move would simulate that on your shower drain.