Question about new Septic Drain Line?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Derek_Cutler, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Derek_Cutler

Derek_Cutler New Member

I am having a new septic system installed at my house, and am relocating the existing main drain line out to my septic tank. My question is what should I use to seal the joint where the PVC line will exit my concrete foundation? I am not sure what products will adhere and seal to concrete. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

If your having the system installed I would recommend you have the installers seal it for you. Then any leaks would be their responsibility.
  3. Derek_Cutler

Derek_Cutler New Member

Not an Option!

This is not really an option as I have already had the plumbing cost removed from the project. To have the contractor hire a plumber was about an extra $1000.00, since I am a pipefitter I see no reason to hire somebody to cut and attach 3 elbows to the existing drain line. What I need to know is what is recommended for sealing PVC to the foundation concrete?Thanks.
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber