Question about flush-mate

Users who are viewing this thread

zorro55555

Reaction score
I recently got 2 gerber toilets with flush-mate. They are installed back-to-back with same water-line and are hooked to the same drain back-to-back. One toilet flushes like gang-busters and could take a horse pile down if necessary, but number 2, while it starts to flush fine, it seems to short-flush. In other words the flush cycle seems to be about 2-3 seconds shorter. On occasion it will leave some solids or brown water. Like I say , it starts off just like the other one but seems to have a shorter cycle. Any ideas??? Thanks for hearing me out... Nolan :confused:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Could be the white plastic plunger on top of the FlushMate tank needs adjustment. If there's too much slack between the top of that plunger (which actuates a flush) and the brass bar which is attached to the linkage, you'll get a partial flush. Also, if the large nut which holds the flush lever to the tank is loose, you can have the same problem.

Check out your owner's manual about how to adjust it, or you can download the manual from Sloan's web site.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

The length of the flush is directly related to the amount of air in the "tank". If it has a minute air leak the "bubble" will get smaller and smaller until it eventually reaches the point that you have to hold the handle down for it to flush at all. And at that point you will be flushing with only the water line flow and pressure so it may not flush very well at all. Follow the instructions for emptying the tank.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
1. Check for water or bubbles around the top of the cartridge.

2. There should be a max of 1/8 freeplay on the flush button before it contacts the plunger inside. This is easily adjusted if necessary.

3. The lower supply assembly could be defective, but this would be very rare on a new unit. Sloan makes good products. My Flushmate is about 14 years old. I had to replace the supply group once, about 5 years ago.

zorro55555

Reaction score
Thanks for replies. I did some more investigation and saw something I did not like. In the bottom of the stool where the power flush is pushing out there is also a good stream of water coming back into the bowl over the top of whats going out. I guess i could have messed my wax ring up. Hope the bowl isn't bad. Thanks again.....Nolan Also noticed most of backwash is right at end of flush cycle...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks