Quality of Mastercool manifold gauges?

Users who are viewing this thread

tracyballard

Reaction score
I needed some manifold gauges to work on my cars ac systems, so I picked up a set of Mastercool R134a gauges with 72" hoses for $95 from Sears, model number MSC 66773. I was thinking about getting a set of yellow jackets, but it was hard to find an affordable one with 72" hoses. Now that I've bought this Mastercool set, I can't really find a lot of info about it, and Mastercool's site doesn't even have it listed. Did I buy and old out of production set? Is this going to work well for me to use a few times a year? thanks for any info!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Looking at it on line it looks like any other gauge set. However, what is a little different is the brass body is angled where most are a straight across. It will do just fine. Many companies are going to digital meters and some mechanical gauge sets might be phased out but as long as these gauges can be produced cheaper than digital, they'll be around for a long time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks