PVC stack into cast iron cleanout tee into clay pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

teamgo

Reaction score
Discovered that I had a leak in the basement. Traced it to the main stack where it meets a cast iron clean out tee. There was a circular patch of cement that cracked and allowed water to flow out onto the basement floor. I used hydraulic cement to patch the area, not thinking about the joint between the cast iron and what I assume is clay tile. Within 2 days, the patch cracked and water leaked out on the floor. I chipped away the patch I made, and in order to see the problem better, I chipped away at the circular cement patch that has been there since I moved in 12 years ago. WP_20140407_003.jpgWP_20140407_004.jpg

What I ended up with is a large mouth (approximatley 6.5 inch) opening in the floor and the 4 inch cast iron tee. It appears that there was a clay collar or possible a clay hub that connected the 4 inch cast iron tee to the 6.5 inch mouth. I plan on replacing the cast iron tee with a new cast iron tee because I cannot open the clean out. But how I seal the opening from the 4 inch cast iron tee to the 6.5 inch mouth in the floor?
I will be using a 4 inch donut to seal the PVC to the cast iron. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks