PVC shut off valve to copper pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Gjackterry

Reaction score
I am trying to replace a leaking pvc shut off valve under the kitchen sink. It is seemingly not a compression valve because there is no nut on the back of the valve. The valve appears to be slid onto and bonded to the copper pipe somehow. The supply line to the faucet is connected to the valve via a crimped ferrel that is permanently connected to the valve. How can this valve be replaced?

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Got a picture? Sounds like it has to be some type of compression connection. If not, you may have to cut it off then replace either with a threaded fitting or compression type valve.

Gjackterry

Reaction score
I don't have a picture handy but I can take one and post it. As far as cutting it off is concerned there is barely one inch of copper pipe sticking out of the wall behind th existing valve.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

First try pulling the valve while twisting it from side to side. If that does not work, "destroy" the valve to get to the barbed metal ring holding the valve in place. Once you get to it, snip it with a pair of snips or cutting pliers and it will come off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks