PVC Cement on pipe with flowing water

Users who are viewing this thread

Wrenched

In the Trades
Reaction score
Around here we'd use a self-restraining compression coupling. Not the cheapest, but reliable.

Dresser style 90 are good. spec sheet says 150 PSIG(Different gasket/grips good to 1000PSI+). If those aren't available, an IPS pack-joint coupling would also work. These I can install and know there will be no call backs.

For solvent welding, you're looking for a fast-setting, water tolerant PVC cement. These are typically a fluorescent blue and called "Rain R Shine" or "Wet 'R Dry." These will hot set and kick in under five minutes. They will also stain everything and cause chemical burns, so be careful and all that jazz. If I was forced to use this, I'd restrain the heck out of any nearby joints. It still requires the purple primer.

Good Luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks