Push Style Sink Stoppers - Which are the better brands?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by johnfrwhipple, Nov 28, 2011.

1. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple I love these ACO Shower Drains - Best in Class

I have a client here in False Creek Vancouver who's push style sink stopper has ceased to function. The internal part is made from plastic including the thread portion of the assembly. This is very poor design and it seems we visit many failures because of this.

First off does anyone know of a better quality product we can spec?

Secondly does anyone know the make of this one just by looking at the picture so I can order a replacement part?

Here is a peak;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This will be the third call like this in 10 months. I find this type of sink stopper prone to failure and for the most part make poor seals when in use.

Thanks for any suggestions and info on what make and model this guy is!

JW
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple I love these ACO Shower Drains - Best in Class

I managed to contact the fellow who ordered the parts for this bathroom sink and he then followed up on a replacement fitting. The new part should be here in a couple of days. I'll look then to find out the make and in the future make sure we spec all metal fittings if possible.

I would think saving $30-$50 on this fitting is a poor choice when a plumbing repair bill can be over $200.00 when a plastic part dries out and becomes brittle. I believe this is do to the plastercisers used in the manufacturing process.

Buyers beware!

JW