Push-Pull Bathtub Stopper

Users who are viewing this thread

whitpet

Reaction score
I've got a bathtub that's draining slow - about 7 years old. It uses a Watco push-pull stopper, and as a first shot, I'd like to check the strainer under the stopper. The knurled knob on top of the stopper unscrewed easily. From some other instructions I found, I expected to find a screw beneath the knob which would allow me to remove the stopper assembly.

Instead, there's a square metal shaft, with what appears to be a tiny (really tiny) phillips screw at the bottom. My jeweler's tools are either too large for the screw slots or too short to reach the bottom.

Am I going at this the wrong way, or is the next step really to remove that teeny screw? Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Whit

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks