"Push" Faucets in Bathroom Will Not Stop

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by twinbro2, Mar 1, 2006.

1. twinbro2

twinbro2 New Member

One of our church's bathrooms has a lavatory with a fixture on it that operates by pushing the hot or cold knobs. Literally, each knob says "Push" on it, and, when it's working you just push the knob and water flows for 10 seconds or so and then automatically stops. This week both quit working, so now when you push the knobs, the water starts flowing, but it does not stop. We have just shut the supply off at the cut-off valve for now.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and what fix makes the most sense?

Also, out of curiosity, what is the correct name for this type of fixture/faucet?
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

It is a "self-closing" faucet.What name is on it?
  3. twinbro2

twinbro2 New Member

how to adjust metering faucet?

Your question prompted me to do some more research -- I think page 9 of this manual answers my question...

http://www.chicagofaucet.com/Repair_Manual_Wkr.pdf

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  4. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Man,now that is what I call a helpful web page.Hats off to Chicago Faucet for making all their service literature (including pix) so readily available and comprehensive.
    All the equipment manufacturers should take a lesson from this,but I won't hold my breath.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

If it is a Chicago Faucet, it is also one of the easiest selfl-closing ones to service and repair.