Push Button urnial

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by erthwrks89, Sep 21, 2007.

1. erthwrks89

erthwrks89 New Member

Greetings--- I have a urnial with the old type manual push button flush, The only writing I can find on the breaker, Sloan Valve Co . I went to Sloans website but can't find the type of flush valve I have. The breaker is a v500. The problem is the water will not shut off . I would like to get a repair kit . Any Idea who would make this type of valve? Thanks Bill
  2. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

Checking the sloan web page comes up with a few buttom style valves. checking the pages for the v500 comes up empty. Ya I know you knew that, so taking a picture of the valve will help alot.
  3. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

V-500-AA is the Vacuum breaker assembly for the valve.
    5323005 is 3/4" x 9" which is for the urinal
    5323006 is 1-1/4" x 9 which is old style urinal
    5323007 is 1-1/2" x 9 which is for a toilet.

They have tons of Repair and rebuid kits but you would need to find out which one you have, can you take a picture and e-mail it to
    ussales.411@sloanvalve.com they should be able to identify it for you.
  4. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

You either need to clean the diaghram, or replace it.
    The chrome top on the valve comes off with a "spud" wrench, or any flat non serated wrench thats big enough (so not to ruin the polished finish).
    Take out the black disk, hold it up to a light, you should see a pinhole on the disk.
    If not, clean it & re-assemble.
    Any plumbing supply should have it if you need to replace it.
  5. GrumpyPlumber

oh...and make sure the supply to the valve is off.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Push button could be a Chicago Niad valve.
  7. erthwrks89

erthwrks89 New Member

Heres a picture ---I found Chicago Faucet Co on the valve . The old eyes aren't what they use to be ----------Thanks Bill

Attached Files:

8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Almost any good parts store will have a new insert stem. Make sure it has the "dashpot" on the end that controls how fast it closes.
  9. GrumpyPlumber

Before I mislead you with my last post, thats not the valve I was referring to.
  10. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

That is one interesting valve. It does look rather old. Should get a new motion sensor valve. I don't care for touching those things.
  11. erthwrks89

erthwrks89 New Member

Patrick 88 ---------- Is there a sensor valve that would" Bolt Up"----Would that just take the place of the valve or the breaker also? Bill
  12. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

I believe the sensor valves for urinals are 3/4" and I think you would need to lower the breaker
  13. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

You probily have change the copper tube to install a new flush valve.That looks like 1/2".
  14. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

15. erthwrks89

erthwrks89 New Member

Thanks everyone the parts are on there way---------- Bill