Pumptrol 9013FSG 2 Switch Problems

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by MNavarette, Nov 5, 2011.

1. MNavarette

MNavarette New Member

The pump on my well does not kick in automatically. While I was trying to figure out what was wrong with the control system, I tapped on the Pumptrol switch and which turned on the well filling the tank with water. The Pumptrol turned off when it reached it's max setting; however, it does not turn on when even when pressure reaches 0. To start pump once again the Pumptrol needs to be tapped. Does this switch need to be replaced?
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

If its not a loose wire and you dont want to sleep in the pump house: yes.
  3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Just get your significant other to tap it for you. When that no longer works, take the cover off it and wiggle the pressure plate.
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

It maybe that the nipple connecting it to the water line is clogged.
  5. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

My apology for the ascerbic reply. It is a $10 part, $20 tops... so swapping it out is a no brainer. Mineral builds up under the diaphragm preventing it from closing.