Pumptec Help

Users who are viewing this thread

charlesspock

Reaction score
Hello,

I am tring to wire a 115v pumptec to a three wire motor, through a control box. I want to wire the power directly to the pumptec and bypass any switches to have the pumptec control constant flow. However, I am not getting any response from the pumptec (no power) once I wire it this way...nto sure why.

charlesspock

Reaction score
I Understand that, it will shut off the pump once there is a shortage of water, but do I need a pressure switch to activate the pump or should it activate automatically once I plug in the power supply ?

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
If you don't install a pressure switch, the well will never shut off, the pumptec is only for extra protection in case you have a shallow well or expectingly run out of water so you won't burn up your pump... the pumptec will restart after it times out...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The pump will be shut off if you turn off the breaker, or if a pump start relay on the irrigation system turns it off. You really only need a pressure switch for the pump to be able to automatically turn itself on and off. You can turn the pump on and off manually or with a pump start relay, and then a pressure switch is not required.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks