Pumptec Help

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by charlesspock, Oct 24, 2007.

1. charlesspock

charlesspock New Member

Hello,

I am tring to wire a 115v pumptec to a three wire motor, through a control box. I want to wire the power directly to the pumptec and bypass any switches to have the pumptec control constant flow. However, I am not getting any response from the pumptec (no power) once I wire it this way...nto sure why.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

The PumpTec is stickily a safety device. It cannot control anything. It can only shut the pump off if the well is dry.
  3. charlesspock

charlesspock New Member

I Understand that, it will shut off the pump once there is a shortage of water, but do I need a pressure switch to activate the pump or should it activate automatically once I plug in the power supply ?
  4. valveman

You should not need a pressure switch. Just get power directly from your breaker instead of a pressure switch.
  5. Chris75

Chris75 Electrician

If you don't install a pressure switch, the well will never shut off, the pumptec is only for extra protection in case you have a shallow well or expectingly run out of water so you won't burn up your pump... the pumptec will restart after it times out...
  6. valveman

The pump will be shut off if you turn off the breaker, or if a pump start relay on the irrigation system turns it off. You really only need a pressure switch for the pump to be able to automatically turn itself on and off. You can turn the pump on and off manually or with a pump start relay, and then a pressure switch is not required.