PumpTec Help! Solid Yellow Light

Users who are viewing this thread

rchaney99

Reaction score
I got a low yield well (.5 gallon a min). We are using a 2500 gallon storage tank. We also have a Pumptec system to protect our pump in the well.

The last several days, ive had a solid yellow light on my pumptec (underload). The funny thing is, the 2500 gallon storage tank is full. If I turn the well breaker off, I can get the pumptec to turn back on and it will flash green (pumping water) for about 2 min, then go yellow again. I can do this all day... So it is pumping water im guessing.

My question. Do you think the pump is going bad causing this problem? Or my well is going dry?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
If your 25000 tank is full (as you say) and not calling for water, the pump shouldn't run, right?

So check the float valve foat switch or whatever controls the well pump to turn on and off to fill the tank. Or isn't the tank full and it is calling for more water?

If it is calling for water, then you may have no water in the well able to be pumped or a pumptec problem.

rchaney99

Reaction score
I believe it is full yes. How would you troubleshoot a pumptec problem?

Teets

CT pump guy
Reaction score
Are you sure that it's definitely a solid yellow light. I'm thinking that's actually an overload condition, not an underload. Easiest way to check this is to put an amp meter on the pressure switch and measure the motor's amperage while the pump is running. If it's too high the pumptec should trip out on overload. If that's the case you may have to change the motor on the pump or the whole pump itself.

Thassler

Reaction score

Thassler

Reaction score
One other thing; Both model pumptecs will try to restart the pump after an underload after a preset time. That is probably why your storage tank is full. The pump is pumping until the underload condition then the pumptec trips, the well then recovers enough so when the Pumptec retries the pump pumps water until the next underload is detected. You may need to shorten your pump times/intervals to fill the tank?

Chris barnes

Reaction score
If your 25000 tank is full (as you say) and not calling for water, the pump shouldn't run, right?

So check the float valve foat switch or whatever controls the well pump to turn on and off to fill the tank. Or isn't the tank full and it is calling for more water?

If it is calling for water, then you may have no water in the well able to be pumped or a pumptec problem.
Hi, I have an problem with the pumptech plus. The yellow light stays on. But I can reset it, and then it will stay on until the irrigation is finished running and when the irrigation shuts off, it trips and then I have to reset it again. But when I was running the irrigation for maintenance. The plus trip and I had to reset it again, so is can run. I was reading what the solid yellow meant. One, well can be going dry or the motor is going bad. Can you help me with this

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
You can always wire around the pumptec and see if the pump functions just fine without the pumptec for more trouble shooting.

For Pumptec-Plus
[PDF]PUMP PROTECTION SYSTEM

Attachments

• 1445040254441.jpg
    1445040254441.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 844
  • 1445040376722.jpg
    1445040376722.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 935
  • 1445040562612.jpg
    1445040562612.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 1445040738260.jpg
    1445040738260.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 791
  • 1445040875572.jpg
    1445040875572.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,161
  • 1445041067116.jpg
    1445041067116.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks