Pumping sewage gradually uphill then short lift to pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Jaxon67

Reaction score
I'm putting a toilet and urinal in a new building that is down hill from my existing home and septic. I was planning on using the Sanicubic 1 for the grinding and pumping duties. It's specs say it has a max vertical of 38' and horizontal of 328' with a 1 1/2" discharge size. After I exit the building under the footing for frost protection it will be an 80' run with gradual climb of 4' over that distance to maintain frost protection. I would then enter the basement through the poured wall and I will need to lift another 2' to the septic line. Is this possible the way I am planning or do I need another approach? I realize the vertical rise should be first then down hill from there but this is not an option in my case. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
The fact that the pump would have to cycle several times to clear the 80' up-sloping output line scares me since that produces visions of solids sliding back toward the pump between cycles and accumulating there and while even possibly sticking in clumps all along the way. But, the specs do say 38' vertical and you are talking about only 6'.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks