Pump wouldn't shut off so had to adjust switch ...help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Chstrahl

Reaction score
a little background.. My pump was turning on and off every 12 minutes so I figured the foot valve was leaking (I replace every few years). So I pulled the lines from well and replaced connector and foot valve, the galvanized connection is actually what rusts and leaks not foot valve but I replace while its out.

So I decided I'd change my pressure tank while I was at it because it was old and actually undersized so I bought a larger one. When all back together I knew I would need to go under the house and prime my pump again, once I got it primed and pumping it won't build past 34 psi suddenly (it was prior to these repairs). So I have to back my switch off to accommodate so what is my problem?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depends on the system. Two line jet, the nozzle is at the end of the lines in the well. Single line jet, there is a plug just below the inlet port. Pull the plug and push in either a long skinny Phillips screw driver or a piece of clothes hanger to clear the nozzle.

Chstrahl

Reaction score
Are you talking about what the foot valve attaches too? It is a deep well, two lines

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks