Pump working but not getting pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

mlfbellingham

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Myers pump, I think it is shallow well as it gets water from an underground cistern. I came home this morning to find the feeder tube that runs from the pump to the tank had come off the pump. There was water everywhere, and the pump was running and very hot but had lost all pressure. I reconnected the tube and turned the pump back on, but it just kept running with no change in pressure. So I disconnected it again. Should I just leave the pump to cool down and try again, or is there something else I should do? Please help, I am in Latin America and cannot get a plumber to look at it today. :)

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
You need to reconnect the piping to the pump. Be sure that all connections are air tight.
Then, you need to fill the pump housing and pipe to the well with as much water as it will hold. This is called priming the pump. Then, start the pump and see if it begins to pump water. You may need to prime several times before the pump picks up.
Many Myers pumps have plastic impellers in them. Running dry can overheat the pump housing and damage the impeller. Let's hope this didn't happen here.
Ron

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks