pump saver submersible pump switch

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by latillasteve, Jun 15, 2012.

1. latillasteve

latillasteve New Member

My Pump Saver mod.# 231, 230 volt is over 20 yrs. old and just started switching off when trying to reestablish pressure. Will now only build 2-3 lbs. then switches off, so I have to keep throwing the fused breaker box switch off/on in order to build pressure. Do I need a new switch?
    Steve

2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

"retired" and still building and troubleshooting
    You got your moneys worth. Invest in a new control box AND franklin pumpsaver. Then you will likely discover that your pump is shot, but they are compatible with a new pump with a franklin motor. Most pumps go 7 to 15 years, and first make sure your pressure tank is working. If its 20 years old its shot too. Go over to the pump section stivkies for more info.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement