pump saver submersible pump switch

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by latillasteve, Jun 15, 2012.

1. latillasteve

latillasteve New Member

My Pump Saver mod.# 231, 230 volt is over 20 yrs. old and just started switching off when trying to reestablish pressure. Will now only build 2-3 lbs. then switches off, so I have to keep throwing the fused breaker box switch off/on in order to build pressure. Do I need a new switch?
    Steve
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

You got your moneys worth. Invest in a new control box AND franklin pumpsaver. Then you will likely discover that your pump is shot, but they are compatible with a new pump with a franklin motor. Most pumps go 7 to 15 years, and first make sure your pressure tank is working. If its 20 years old its shot too. Go over to the pump section stivkies for more info.