Pump runs continuously while water is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevie T

Reaction score
I installed a new pressure switch on a jet pump. It cuts on at 30 psi, but runs continuously as long as the water runs in the house, staying at around 42 psi. Once I turn off the tap the pressure builds up to 48 psi, and shuts off. I have 30 psi in the pressure tank. It shouldn't run continuously like that should it? How do I solve this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
With a jet pump with a 30 PSI cut-on, you would usually want the air precharge set to 27 or 26 PSI (set with water pressure=0. Does reducing that air pressure cure your symptom?

JRC3

Reaction score
How many gallons gallons per minute (gpm) does the pump produce? How many gpm is the tap delivering? Could it be the tap is drawing as much as the pump can deliver? My submersible will sit around 40psi when it is producing it's max gpm from "the tap".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks