Pump running, No gauge pressure

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by cdseign, Jun 20, 2007.

1. cdseign

cdseign New Member

We have an old inside pump. The switch does over arch, however we can still push it up and down and
    it does not apprear stuck.The hose going into take gets warm because no water is comming in. ???

Pump wont stop running. No pressure on gauge. Tank and Lines are drained.
    No water pressure. Well is over 2/3 full.

F&W Model number for motor
    EKO58
    Date Code: 9602

Model for Tank 94L105
  2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

To start with, did you try priming the pump?

bob...
  3. cdseign

cdseign New Member

bob... thanks

I put a hose on the tank and sucked all the water out and also, drained it.

I am not sure what you mean by priming? The old Pump sets inside our home in a close. Yep. It's a cabin! I moved out of this urban big life for??? Yikes!

thanks,

dar
  4. cdseign

cdseign New Member

I did prime

I took the hose off and poured about a liter of water into pump. Thats all it would take.

thanks dar
  5. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

In that case, it's possible you damaged the impeller and diffuser inside the pump with heat created when the pump lost it's prime.

bob...