Pump remove and replace...

Users who are viewing this thread

TWS

Reaction score
greetings once more and thanks for an excellent forum.

i've posted before about my errant Lowes Utilitech jet pump that failed.

i've now received a Goulds shallow well J5S pump and am ready to proceed with a pump remove and replace.

i understand i can omit a pressure tank as i am going to use this well/pump to water my garden with soaker and drip hoses out to 75'. the old pump is wired to a wall switch and i plan on turning off power and capping the wire ends with wire nuts. i'm hoping i can use most if not all of the existing piping and the pressure gauge in its current configuration. i have at my disposal a thick doug fir plank and rubber horse mat... so i planned on bedding the new pump on this to dampen vibration. reading the manual i see i must be sure and insert the suction piping straight from the well or slightly upward to the pump to eliminate air traps..

pls examine the images attached and confirm i'm on the right path.

ps: i assume the little nuts in the bell housing above and below the intake hole are for addon's.

Attachments

• twopumps-1.jpg
    twopumps-1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 316
  • twopumps-2.jpg
    twopumps-2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 344
Last edited by a moderator:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You will need to wire around the pressure switch for manual operation using the wall switch.

Those are plugs not nuts and they are so you can use a wire to clean out the jet nozzle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks