pump recommendation

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by fozzy12, Dec 17, 2008.

1. fozzy12

fozzy12 New Member

Hi Guys,
    I have a sump pump and I need to add a battery back up unit for it. I'm finishing the basement and want to make sure that I don't have any issues with a pump not running. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again!

Anyway, I'm willing to replace my current unit with a combo unit. I would like to purchase a ready made unit that has the main pump and a battery back up unit along with it. I think I've seen something at one of the big box stores, maybe a "Basement Watchdog" or something like that.
    I want a good one, so what should I buy? Is someone putting both units together that I should consider?

Thanks!

Eric
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

3. fozzy12

fozzy12 New Member

Sump Pumps

Thanks Redwood,
    I was sort of hoping to find a piggyback unit that can use the same discharge pipe.

Eric
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The smaller units tend to operate at about 1/2 the flow of your regular pump.
    Under some circumstances this is not adequate.