Truelight

Reaction score
Facts: low pressure 20 psi. We had water logged
pressure tank. Changed tank. Water has not gone
into tank. Still only 20 psi. Did not install check
valve. We have a submersible pump. If I turn off
power to pump pressure holds at 20. If I leave
power on but close the shut off valve after guage,
pressure stays at 20. Do you have any ideas?
Should I have put in a check valve? Thanks

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
A checkvalve won't help. Do you know if there are any checkvalves between the pump and the tank besides the one on the pump? If there are any, they could mask a leak.

Truelight

Reaction score
Ok so I think I might have a leak between my well pump and house. At the well house I have 2 faucets, 1 on either side of what I think is a check valve. In my basement I have a shut off. My pump runs continually at 20 psi. How can I test to see if there is a leak?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
As long as the gauge is good, when the pump is off, if the pressure just stays at 20, you don't have a leak. At least you don't have a leak on this side of the check valve. Sometimes you can have a leak in the little nipple between the pump and the check valve. That leak you won't see until you pull the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks