Pump only runs when I push the contacts together

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate Clinch

Reaction score
Started having this issue first thing this morning no water pressure. Went down checked pumped fuse wasn't popped or anything. But it won't run I took the cover off and closed the contacts and it ran fine but shuts off a soon as I release.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The little nipple your pressure switch attaches to is probably clogged up. If the points in the switch won't close or stay closed at low pressure, either the switch is bad or there is enough pressure in the nipple to make it think the system is full.

Nate Clinch

Reaction score
The little nipple your pressure switch attaches to is probably clogged up. If the points in the switch won't close or stay closed at low pressure, either the switch is bad or there is enough pressure in the nipple to make it think the system is full.

That was it it was frozen I warmed with my hands and it kicked right back on thank you !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks