pump not building pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

sirren

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to solve my in-laws low pressure problem and was hoping some one might help.

They have a deep well and a jet pump with 2 hose input. It was working fine till all of a sudden they had low pressure one day. If you turn on the pump it reads 22psi on the gauge at the pump and 20psi on the guage by the pressure tank. The pressure doesn't get any higher no matter how long the pump runs. If you shut the pump off the pressure reads 12psi on both gauges. I drained the bladder style pressure tank and adjusted the air pressure to 28psi (no one knows what the pressure switch settings are) Turned on the pump and it did the same thing. There is low/no water in the pressure tank. If you shut off the supply to the house it still doesn't pump water into the tank. We have tried 2 pumps (both used) with the same results. The pump doesn't loose prime or drop in pressure if left for a while so I don't think it is a leaking foot valve like other people have told him. We are using black poly pipe with barbed connectors and worm gear clamps. All the ones we can reach are tight (There are a few behind a wall we can't get at but there isn't any water dripping off them we can see.

So before we dig up a paved driveway anybody have an Idea?

The only thing left I can think of is that something happened to the jet connector (sorry can't remember the name) where the 2 hoses come together is pooched or something happened to one of the hoses in the well.

Last edited by a moderator:

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
If you need to dig up your driveway, consider a submersible pump, a pitless adaptor, and creating some kind of vault so that you never have to dig up the top of the well again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks