pump is slow to come up to pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Billy Ray

Reaction score
What could be some of the reasons my deep well pump is not coming back to pressure in a timely manner? I have it set on 65 pounds pressure and it goes down to about 35 then just sits there (if I have two sprinklers going). Until recently I could run 3 sprinklers with no problem. Is it the pump or do I need a bladder type tank? Would the bladder tank help? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
...it goes down to about 35 then just sits there (if I have two sprinklers going). Until recently I could run 3 sprinklers with no problem. Is it the pump or do I need a bladder type tank? Would the bladder tank help?
Since water does not compress and air does, the bladder tank simply contains a variable cushion of air to prevent short-cycling by making it possible for a bit of water that can be drawn before the pump starts. A large bladder tank can provide more of that than a small one, but short-cycling is not your problem. So, your problem is in your pump either starving for water because of some kind of incoming blockage or else some part of it is worn and it can no longer produce the higher rate of flow (three sprinklers) at the desired pressure. At the very least, it should be able to maintain something like 40psi at a given rate of flow (check its specs).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks