Pulsing water

Users who are viewing this thread

lssurvey

Reaction score
Here's the scenario, we drilled this well 6 yrs ago, it is 320 ft deep. At the time of drilling it was producing 30 gpm. Water travels 1400 ft to the house where we have a constant pressure tank. All was fine till last summer we noticed some pulsing from the water hose. We had a well guy come out and look it over, he told us the well was going dry and we needed to drill a new one. Ugh, it just hasn't set well with me. I do not understand how a well with that much water can go dry. Now this summer we are noticing the same thing, pulsing from the water hoses. Some of the hoses are hooked in before the water even gets to the constant pressure tank. My thoughts are that this has to be in the pump its self. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pulsing? Is it like water hammer or is it sputtering like it has air of some sort in the water. Is the pump a submersible pump or what? What type of water line was run from the well to the house? Could the water line have gotten pinched or mashed by tree roots etc. Is there a hose bibb at or near the well?

lssurvey

Reaction score
Constant pressure tank. Pulsing like, lotta water, little water, lotta water, little water. There is a hose bibb at the well and it pulses also. Submersible pump

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks