Pulsating Toilet Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

dannapat

Reaction score
We recently remodeled our powder room, and (after a great deal of research) installed a TOTO DARTMOUTH ((362-ST753S12 & 362-C754SF12)toilet. We changed the handle to an jJACLO oil-rubbed bronze (9141-ORB). At times, after flushing, the toilet continues to make a pulsating sound that lasts for a few seconds. It is not the "usual" sound that can be resolved by rattlling the handle. The sound will continue until the toilet is flushed again HOLDING THE HANDLE down longer.

After all my research to ensure we purchased a low-volume toilet that flushed well, I am somewhat dismayed that the toilet occasionally needs to be "re-flushed" after use to stop the "pulsating" sound.

We did not encounter this problem with the standard Toto handle that came with the toilet. It began when we installed a Moen handle to match our faucet. Replacing the MOEN handle with the JACLO handle the store suggested has not eliminated the problem.

Any ideas?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Is the flapper chain to tight?
Often the fill valves pulse when the flapper is leaking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks