Protecting water softener

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by opto_isolator, Jan 4, 2014.

1. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

I just finished installing the water softener tonight, hooked up CPVC lines. Is there anything that anyone has done to prevent the resin tank from moving? I can see that if someone or something moves the tank, it may crack the lines.
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

I bury the tanks into the ground about 1' if installed outisde. If the unit is sitting on concrete, it will take a very hard hit to break the pipes. You can strap the pipes to a wall if they are close enough.
  3. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

Thanks for the feedback - it's in the garage in the corner.
  4. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

You can secure the tank to the wall if you like. This is not usually necessary. You can secure it in a similar way that water heater tanks get secured. I use large unistrut clamps http://www.mcmaster.com/#strut-channel-clamps/=q50xmb [​IMG]They look professional and work great. they are also fairly inexpensive. I use the 304 stainless, less than $20 for the clamp, the strut varies greatly in price depending on material, size, etc. [​IMG]