Proposed drain and vent for bathroom remodel, UPC

Users who are viewing this thread

Arfeller

Reaction score
I've read through a lot of different posts and I think I have came up with the correct venting and drain configuration. I'm not very good at drawing so hopefully it makes sense. My vanity, toilet and tub are all along the same wall that is about 10' feet long.

The main sewer line comes up directly under the wall behind the toilet. So the main line comes up and vents up through the wall behind the toilet. I think i need a double combination y-1/8 bend for the bottom drain and a san tee for the upper vent split.

One edit... the sanitary tee for the vent should be turned upside down. Not correct in picture

Thank you for spending the time to look at my question.

Rob

Attachments

• bathroom plumbing.jpg
    bathroom plumbing.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,455
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When you turn the vent cross over in the drawing you will be fine.

Below is an example of two story plumbing

dwv_b2.jpg

Last edited:

Arfeller

Reaction score
Thank you Terry.

I have been told several times that the sanitary tee is acceptable to use for two drains into a vertical stack. I currently have a double y with two 45's for the drain. Would a sanitary tee be acceptable here?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A sanitary doube tee would work under the toilet, pretty common in fact.
Merlin Blue used to plumb his that way.

As you can see from my drawing, I like to keep the 2" lines tighter to the main stack, and then trap arm over with 1-1/2".
I use more wyes adn keep everything tighter.
That cuts up the framing less. The framers loved me and used to ask me why the others plumbers didn't do layout the way I did. The answer, they didn't car how much wood got taken out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks