Proposal for well setup, your suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Idaho2

Reaction score
Here is what I have and looking for advice.
53' well dug, 40' of 8" steel casing followed by 13' of 6" bore hole in basalt and at 47gpm. Have 33' of static water.

Proposal is to install Grundfos 30SQE10-130 pump, with a Grundfos CU130 Continuos Pressure Pump controller and a Pentair Pro-Source 119gal pressure tank. The pump will be set at the 40' depth and using a 1 1/2" galvanized steel drop pipe. Plan on changing this to schedule 120 pvc drop pipe.

The well head is 12' from a 9x9 pump house using 6" SIP build. Pump house will have heat and light and center floor drain. All plumbing and conduit will be coming up thru the concrete floor. Conduit will be stubbed separately for future 3 bed room home and shop a maximum of 300' away from the pump house. Plus irrigation of a 2 acre yard. Also plan to install a minimum of two frost free hydrants, one close to the pump house and one 200' feet away. I want to have 30gpm volume to all locations. Any suggestions for this project are welcomed.

Idaho2

Reach4

Reaction score
That pump could give you about 30 PSI at the well head at 30 GPM with the water 33 ft down. It would be turning 10700 RPM. Are the loads all on the same altitude? 30 GPM is a lot. You will want to use a pipe pressure calculator to see if you need to allow for pressure drops due to flow. You also have a lot of electronics there, and electronics are a failure point -- especially if there are power spikes in your area.

I would specify stainless steel couplers on the PVC, although people who know not to overtighten use schedule 180 PVC couplers routinely.

I am not a pro.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Definitely don't need the steel pipe and you don't need stainless couplings on your 1.25" sch 120 PVC. Just tighten the PVC couplings hand tight.

I wouldn't use anything made by Pentair, an Amtrol tank would be much better choice.

The SQE's are probably the best constant pressure system on the market.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks