Proper Way To Level Sterling Accord Shower In Mobile Home

Users who are viewing this thread

gtpvette

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I'm redoing the bath in my weekend mobile home and hit a snag. I dry fit a 60” 4 piece Sterling Accord shower this weekend and the back wall is about 1 1/2" out from the studs at the top. It looks like the floor has a major drop from back to front. So the question is what is the best way to level this thing?

I've read about the mortar/thinset/sandmix in piles and it would certainly do it but I'm a bit concerned about the front lower edge of the shower not being directly supported. The plan is to install a set of bypass doors and I would think they would need to be properly supported by that front edge. DO you think this is a real problem??

The second thought I had was to build a small platform to set the shower stall on. Just rip some strips/wedges with the proper angle front to back maybe 2” high then cover with ¾” plywood. Then set the shower on that. The only additional work would be tiling the front edge .

Of course the real problem is the mobile home itself. Nothing is square,,, probably never was. No rot or sag in the bathroom that I can see, it’s just everything is just off a bit.

So what’s your favorite way to raise the outside edge of a Vikrell Shower pan??

Many Thanks!

Fred

Before demo

bathkey51.jpg

Almost ready,,,, drywall still needs to come off. How do you like that wall paper???

bathkey41.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks