Proper way to connect drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Red18

Reaction score
I am looking at connecting a laundry stand pipe and utility sink to my main sewer line and need some help on determining the proper method of going about that. I was hoping that a double wye would be acceptable but after reading through numerous post, I am not entirely sure.

I have attached a photo of the soon to be laundry room, in it you can see the laundry stand pipe to the left and the utility sink to the right. Both will be connected to a 1.5" vent that runs up to the attic before tying back into the 4" main stack as it goes through the roof. The 4" stack in the middle of the picture is what I am trying to connect the laundry room to, this line has the first floor toilet, tub, bath sink and kitchen sink all tied to it. I don't know if it matters but I should also mention further down the line I also have a basement bath attached to this line (shower, bath, sink) these are all attached to that 1.5" vent line as well. The state I am in is Wisconsin.

Questions

Is it acceptable to use a double wye in this situation? or a double tee?

I have thought about stacking wyes or tee but it will put the drain to high for the utility sink or make the drop from the stand box to the p-trap right a little bit less than the required 18" minimum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20151024_083357.jpg
    20151024_083357.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 166

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I stack the sink sani-tee over the washer sani-tee. Because there is waste coming down the 4" line, each fixture will require it's own vent take-off from their respective trap arm. The dry vents may be combined no lower than 42" above the floor.

You also need a cleanout in the main line above the point which it enters the slab.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't think of any reason you couldn't use a double wye. However, the 1 1/2 in. vent would be too small
for all those fixtures under some plumbing codes (UPC at least), so you'd better check your local code on
that matter.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I did not read to the end of the post. Kreemoweet is correct in that the bath and laundry cannot share a 1-1/2" vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks