proper way to clear waste vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

raygunclan

Reaction score
yesterday jadnashua told me that my bubbling toilet may be caused by a clogged waste vent. i did some research and his diagnosis sounds right on the money. my problem is this... how the heck do i do it? i read some places to put my hose down there and flush it out and i read others only do this if i want to clean toilet juice off of every horizontal surface in my home. any suggestions?
thanks!!!
suzanne

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

It should not be a vent problem unless you also have other things going wrong. Put a hose down the vent. If it is plugged the water will overflow onto the roof, or the water will flush out the stoppage. Either way, no water will overflow the toilet unless the vent is not the problem and you really have a stopped main sewer line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks